Thursday, April 4, 2013

Back to life, and getting over things

I was in a funk.  A total 100% funk, and this time, I did not create it.  Things out of my control.  I have said before, and will again, that if I don't have something nice to say, I don't say it (unless I am really not happy!)  So, after explaining the situation to my family, who all totally understood my funk, and that no, I could not, at Easter service pray for anything negative to happen to anyone (not that I would, but it fleetingly crossed my mind), I sat and looked at FB all day and stewed.  Easter dinner was very nice, quiet.

The sheep are good.  I have 5 lambs, 4 Chev and one Border Leicester/Cheviot cross who is jet black.  Three ewes, two rams, and one ram is wethered.  The intact lamb will go to Charlie to be raised for meat.  There is still one ewe to go... She got bred by the ram lamb... I can't believe it, well, I can now, it's really not that surprising, but honestly... she must not have liked that other ram ;)

I am slowly adjusting to Ginger being gone, and my other kitty is totally cuddly to me, and gives me solace.  I attach deeply to my animals, and losing them is like losing a member of my family.

Dogs are good.  Been training them, mainly shedding with Dan- he has an interesting method, and one I am sure Alasdair would  not approve of, but it is what it is.  Joe is learning driving, and I brought him to a friend's place the other day, first time we could do real outruns since November and he ROCKED it.  I could not believe it.  I actually stopped working in no time because I was so happy! 

We are having another field cleared at the farm, so this will make it four fields though only two are fenced. I would like to use electro net on them...  once I have any money.. that is...

Oh, remember that manure pile?  70% gone... little by little!

No comments: