Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This picture was taken at the Cummington Mass sheepdog trial a couple of years ago, by Darlene Hutchins. Darlene passed away last year. She was always quick with a joke, and clearly, a talented photographer. This photo captures a moment between Lucy and I, where I needed her, and she was there for me. It's one of my most favorite pictures ever.

Life has been pretty busy. Been working the dogs, going to the farm every day, working a lot, and just basically keeping up. The baby parakeets went to their new homes earlier this week, so it is measurably quieter at my place (thank goodness).

The sheep have been getting grain ever day, so now they are looking for it, and also to be let into the other pasture, which is still growing but not much. The lambs look good too. I got a couple bales of *really* nice hay yesterday, and when I check today, I suspect that the sheep will have eaten all of what I gave them....

I am dead tired today; didn't sleep well, got up too early.

That's it for now.

1 comment: