Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm on a roll ;)

Yesterday, I finished the leaves. God help me, I did it. Toward the end, I was muttering to myself "I HATE leaves, I HATE them so much". I didn't realize there was such a huge amount to be done. Big enough that I had to use a combination of the blower/rake/tarp. I could not just blow them....

When I got inside, I thought back to the phrase "a little work never hurt anyone" and I thought, "yeah, but a lot of work could kill you!". I was so freaking tired. I left dirty dishes in the sink, got some mint chocolate chip ice cream and vegged.

I watched a bit of TV, but fell asleep before Pit bulls and Parolees was on and then woke up at 3:30, and stayed awake for hours. Why I can't sleep, I don't know, but I do know that my eyes are looking decidedly puffy/blood shot and I look old and haggard.

Am having coffee now, and in just a bit, will head up to the farm and build the rest of the stone walls to raise the panels, and then, will attach the panels, and then, save for a gate, I will be done! I could have slapped it together yesterday, but I decided I wanted it to look good, and to last. Once this is done, I feel like I can take a wee break. I will be keeping the sheep in that corral during deep snow times and also, perhaps when I seed the home pasture. I may even seed the steer pasture, depending on whether or not I can get affordable seed.

Oh, in addition to the clothes I got at Macy's the other day- three nice mock turtle necks, my order from LL Bean came in. I now have decent tops to wear every day of the week! Imagine that!!!

Am doing one more lesson with Danny in a few weeks. Am looking forward to that. We need to work in a big field, so I can see if his outrun really is good, and also see how he lifts sheep and maybe start to learn how to shed. If the weather decides to take a turn for the worse, well, no go, but here's hoping!

No comments: