Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I stressed about my sheep until I finally got there yesterday, and guess what? There was hay still in the manger... Not a lot, but I suppose they were not dying of starvation ;)

I brought them to the other pasture, and for the first time, the lambs lolly gagged- grabbing some grass on the way. Was pretty funny when they realized that the ewes were gone and ran to catch up ;)

I worked Danny on them, and he did the neatest thing. My sheep are pretty fetchy, and when we work on driving, they will sometimes very toward me. I had to give Danny "here" commands, and flank him in, to cover this, and keep them going straight. Well, yesterday, Danny, on his own, kept that side covered. And, he did this on the other side of the "box" too. He stayed back and to the inside... WOW. That is very cool Danny!

When we were finished working, I ran Danny and Lucy up in the field, and then, with Danny's help, I put the sheep back. Then, I got them their hay. I used Danny to keep them away, until I was done doing what I needed to do.

You should have seen them eating that hay. The only thing I can liken it to, is watching someone who is *really* hungry, eating their favorite potato chips. Just crunch crunch crunch, grab more and so on... I watched them for a bit, reveled in the beautiful weather, and then headed home.

I think the good weather is supposed to hold for a few more days, so today, I am finishing the corral (just need a few more rocks/cement blocks) and then wire the panels together, and then done. If we get really bad weather, they will be put in there.

No comments: