Saturday, November 6, 2010

So, yesterday was a SNAFU all the way around... I was supposed to go to lunch with a friend, but she never called, and by the time I called her, well, I had to rush out, because it was the end of the day, and I had to get more hay. She was also going to bring me some hay... Anyway, I leave work, go get a couple bales of hay, head home. Walk in the door to.... that tell-tale smell of a sick dog. Oh God. It was Kylie. She had puked/diarrhea in her crate and was covered in it. Grrrreat! So, I carried her to the tub, bathed her, and put her outside.

I then set to cleaning the crate, a Vari kennel- making it so much more fun! So, I went to turn the hose on, and the new dial for the hose is not connected right, so hose will not turn on. Sooooo, I bring hose to back of house and commence cleaning the crate. After I got that done, I had to go to the farm.

I got to the farm, and it was un-eventful, thank goodness. I filled the manger with a bale, and then Danny and I worked just the lambs- on cover and hold. He is good with the cover thing, as long as he doesn't then bust in, and then does that senseless flank off thing. Hmmmm. Trick will be to teach him he cannot come in, he must just cover. He is slowly getting it, but it is NOT his forte ;)

Today, it was quite a day. I worked, went to the grocery store, pharmacy, feed store, and then the farm. I see the sheep ate 1/2 the bale so that's good to know how much they will eat. I let them into the other pasture and I worked Danny. He was very good. Deep enough on all outruns- he must have really gotten that correction the other day. Then we worked on inside flanks and small flanks (using my tiny voice). When all was said and done, I said to myself "he is a pleasure to work". He really is. He's like a gift.

When it was time to leave, I put the sheep back in their pasture with a bit of grain and headed home. I stopped at the farm to see the man who sold me the Cheviots. We chatted a bit, and I headed home.

When I got home, I mowed the back yard, and then came inside to make an early steak supper, which turned out- mmmmmmmmm... The baked potato was hands down the BEST I have ever had.

After I ate, I vacuumed the house and then dusted the bedroom. Then, washed dishes, isn't this fun!?! Well, now my house feels a lot cleaner, and I am free to work dogs again tomorrow! It was a good, productive day.

No comments: