Monday, November 22, 2010

Sunday. Went by fast.... Got up and had a bit of breakfast, and good coffee and then headed up to the farm. I really wanted to finish the corral. I spent several hours there, and well, I did not finish. See, I have to make rock walls to surround parts of it and that is very hard, time consuming and just not fun...

When I got home I picked up something from the Deli and just watched foot ball. Oh, I did work Danny at some point, but don't remember when.... Must be work induced amnesia... ;)

The sheep no longer want to stay in the steer pasture; I think they have eaten everything up in there, so I guess I will just work them in there, and put them back when done, instead of allowing them to graze. I did not give them another bale of hay yesterday, just to see if they would clean up what was left from the previous day, but I feel sort of guilty about that, so today, I will go there a bit earlier and give them their hay... Will put some flakes in other locations for the lambs, who never seem to want to eat at the manger with the ewes. Weight seems good on everyone.

Now that the corral is just about done, I will not worry when the really bad weather hits. I will have a nice dry place for the sheep to go to. That's a HUGE worry off my shoulders. Still about three hours of work until it's the way I want it, but we are just about there.

No comments: