Friday, November 19, 2010

Not much special this week. Looking forward to Thanksgiving next week, and the great great food...

So, this week, I worked Danny on some serious real work, as I tried to get my flock in the barn... He did so well. Danny needs just real work and I think he will be about set. Oh, we need to teach him shedding! He's getting his left whistle, and now time to introduce the right.

The sheep are well. Been letting them graze every day in the other pasture, and they are eating their Timothy hay well. I got them some mixed grass hay, and they appear to have wasted a lot of it. I hate wastage! The lambs seem to be gaining weight, and I am not graining anyone.

My brother graded the area I am fencing in outside the barn for the sheep, and yesterday we got the combo panels I will use as fencing. Finally, I will have protection from the weather, and coyotes, if necessary. This is a huge weight off my shoulders. The weather has been great lately, a real God send- warm enough that grass is still growing and I don't need a jacket on to work the dogs.

I bought some new clothes, and it feels so good not to look like a hobo- all my clothes were thread bare, and OLD.

I am missing Tucker a lot lately. Some day I will have another Boxer. No dog ever looked in my eyes as much as Tucker. He was beyond special to me.

Well, that's it for now. I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: