Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hay is a Hit

When I got the farm yesterday, all the sheep were laying near the gate. Apparently, they either wanted food, or to be let into the other pasture. I was a tad bit worried that the new hay was too rich- even though I only gave about three flakes.

When I got to the gate, they got up eventually, shook off, and I let them into the other pasture, and then looked to see if they ate the hay. They sure did. Not one shred of it was left. Wow. The difference hay makes. They were not eating the hay that we got earlier this summer, and truth be told, it never smelled very good to me, and I think we will just continue feeding it to the cows, but I will get this Timothy hay for my sheep.

When I went to feed the sheep, as usual, I put a few flakes down on the ground and then put some grain on the ground (for now, but will be using a trough soon), and they all go for the grain (it's only less than one scoop for all of them, so it's not a lot, but I really want the lambs to get some). The difference this time, is that pretty quick, they all went for the hay. This makes me feel good. Such a little thing makes me feel good....


I didn't work the sheep yesterday, owing to the fact that I was beat. I stopped and got cereal on the way home for dinner.

I was in bed rather early, and read my book. Slept MUCH better. This morning awoke to rain, and a kitty who wouldn't go out. Even though he wanted to ;)

Once the weather clears, time to finish the leaves. No plans this weekend, again!

No comments: