Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tucker comes back... in my dreams

Last night I had a dream that Tucker, who I had put down early this year, did not die. That's what I said.. I guess I had left him to be put down, and he would not die, so they kept him at the clinic, until they had the courage to tell me. Magically, when I went to retrieve my boy, he was healed. His giant melon sized lump under his throat was gone and he looked pretty spry. I learned later that they tried like three times, but he just wouldn't die. I so regret putting Tucker down. I feel it was too soon. I am just torn up about it, and now, it appears it's really settling into my sub-conscious. I wonder would adopting another Boxer help? An older boy? I don't know. If you have never had a Boxer you would not understand just how special they are. They look in your eyes and understand you. So protective, but never looking for a fight. Tucker was beyond special to me. I wish that dream were true.

1 comment:

Monique said...

The time chosen by such a wonderful and loving mom as yourself is never the wrong time for a friend to cross over. I am sure you did the right and compassionate thing. The relationship between you was obviously so special, I am sure you could not do him wrong.

We have never met, but my heart goes out to you.