Sunday, June 6, 2010

Yeah, that'll work!

Yesterday I headed up to the farm to meet my new chainsaw worker. He was late, but I waited, and he finally showed up 1/2 hour late, but you know what they say....

He drove up in an old Ford lifted up truck. Huge tires- think monster tires. Oh to be young and foolish....

So, we headed up to the field- he had brought his brother along to help. And they started and we continued and we got 95% of the trees felled. Nothing cut up, and loads cut down. These were mainly huge Jack pines, and some firs. Just a lot of trees. They will come back and finish cutting down the rest of the trees and then start cutting them up. I put the word out for free large Jack pines, but no one has responded, so I guess they will be cut up and burned. It's going to be one large fire. My brother has all the gear to do it right, and we have a small window in which we are allowed to burn on the farm.

Sheep are looking good, although I think they will be happy when the noise stops- me too.

Today I have a quick stop at the market, then Church, and then home and chill. Supposed to rain all day, and I am happy for that. Now that I have livestock worries on my mind, I always like a bit of rain each week- keeps the animals in fodder.

The Parakeets are eating a huge amount of food. I think I hear three different chicks in there, but maybe more. It's a busy time for parent Parakeets. You can see how you have to remove the nest box so the parents, mom especially, can recover from all the energy expense on raising the babies.

Well, that's it for now- oh, one more thing, what say you about me starting a new blog on the farm? You know, a farm blog that chronicles the goings on?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was thinking of doing a farm blog but I only have so much time. I decided that my blog was about farm, trials, life, humor and anythings else that I felt like blogging about. Since I love to cook and eat, I try to put one recipe a week on my blog. So I just do one blog. I enjoy reading your blog BTW