Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A bit better, I'd say...

Things are a bit better than the last time I posted. I think my main issues are that I am very tired all the time again, and need to get this stupid B 12 and Iron deficiency dealt with, permanently. Not only are you just super tired all the time, but you get a bit depressed, and don't want to do much.

I got my car back- YEAH!!! I missed having my wheels, and being able to work my dogs. I worked Danny and Lucy yesterday. Lucy's outrun has really not been very good, and when I worked her, I stopped her most of the outruns to then give her a "get out", and she would do it, but not that great. Toward the end, my friend said "she's tight" and with that, Lucy stopped dead in her outrun, and I told her to get out. She gave a little, but not too much. I don't know why. Oh well, not much to be done, except remind her by my positioning how she needs to leave, and give her a GET OUT on the fly, if I need to. We have been doing a ton of driving, so perhaps that's the reason. She's taking her stops, so that's good.

Danny did well. His outruns are better than Lucy's, and he's settling in well with the work. He does get hot, and will run to look for water, but at that point, I will get him back, send him once more, and then we both go for water. It has to be a partnership- no one leaves the other hanging- you can't do that in sheepdog work. I am always cognizant of how how he really is, so the danger of over heating is almost nil, but I am careful.

When I got home last night, I found that Ginger had used my bed as a litter pan again. I think Ginger is losing it. She gets around okay, but sometimes she forgets, I think where she has to go. I will be getting a shower curtain to put on my bed, just to keep my bedding clean, when she "forgets" where to go.

Lucy was very tired last night, and Danny was too- he fell asleep early in his crate. Today the forecast is for VERY hot weather. Yuck. Hot and humid- that means nothing much going on outside.

Oh, I saw one of the babies stick his/her head out the box this morning! Cool. We will see how long before they actually fledge.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: