Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ill, but now better




I am back, sort of. I started feeling sick Friday afternoon. Saturday morning, Sat night, and now am starting to feel better. It was some sort of stomach bug. Oh Lord. I lost weight, that is good. But, I was very ill last night, and just was in pain. Thankfully, it appears I am getting back to normal.

Just because I am sick, doesn't mean I don't have to work, so I have worked all weekend. The guys are working in the field, and have made some good progress. I can't believe how many trees. Two of them and still they are not done processing all the trees. As of tomorrow, guy #2 starts a new job, so then I am down to just one guy. I don't want to let him go, as he is doing well, and I need this stuff DONE. I have certainly poured $$ into getting this field in shape. Things are very tight right now, so I am glad this is the sort of work I won't have to have done again. Rest assured, if we fence in another area, an excavator will be brought in, no more messing around.

The dogs are bored, and I haven't been bringing them with me to the farm, because I basically just go out there to pay the guys. The sheep are very friendly to me, because I haven't brought the dogs. Things will change on that score soon enough. Hopefully by the end of this week, it will be done.

I will need time to get my sheep fit for the demos we are doing and also, I am buying some sheep, so we need room for all the ladies.

Both Parakeet babies have fledged, though one has now sought refuge back in the nest box. That's not quite right little guy! They are beautiful though. Another week they will have to go to their new homes, and I need to get that nest box out of there, before momma decides to start a new clutch.

Dogs are good. Lucy cut her foot just below a nail, but seems okay. Danny is Danny. He's a good boy, but he needs to work.

I am sporting a massive bruise from when a horned sheep nailed me the other day (I was looking at them to buy). I will never own horned sheep. It's not worth it.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: