Friday, June 4, 2010

Field of Dreams - People Will Come

The following is a scene in the movie Field of Dreams. While at a trial running Lucy, and subsequently, schooling Danny, this movie came to mind. For Lucy, it was Scott Glen's voice, in lieu of James Earl Jones, giving me strength and fortitude, as we turned the sheep at the post, and began to drive them. People did come. People paid their money, and people did have baseline seats, and I had faith, faith given to me by Scott, when he said "Take your time". Three simple words have never meant so much.

Then, later, when I had sent Danny on a gather, and he came up behind the sheep who were not happy to leave their holder, Bob Stephens voice came to me and said "Wait, even if it takes 5-6 minutes, wait, and let him figure it out". And I did. I waited, and Danny did figure it out. It was the faith that James Earl Jones demonstrated that his baseball fans would come. And, they did, and my Danny came in on his sheep.

There are many parallels to this movie and my experiences with sheepdogging, and I believe the resounding theme, is faith, just faith.


No comments: