Thursday, June 10, 2010

I don't have a garden....

Does that make me a bad person? I hope not. I have really never had an interest in a garden. Maybe it's because as a kid I used to have to go out in the sweltering heat and weed the HUGE garden my grandparents had. I hated that. Maybe it's because I am just too busy to attend yet another thing....

I see that people get a lot of pleasure out of their gardens, and that's really nice for them, but I have no interest.... I hope that doesn't make me less green, does it?

Thing is, I could put in some Tomato plants, but I have a bit of a reaction to the acidity in some Tomatoes, so I can't eat that many of them. And, that is the only plant that I might consider because they are so easy.

My mother does a great garden every year, and they get really nice Squash, Tomatoes, Kale (yuck) and Rhubarb (yuck). But, I am not pushed to do the same....

I think as I age, I am a product more and more of my upbringing and also, equally, just not enough time.

Maybe if I wasn't forced to weed the garden in 100 degree weather, maybe I would have a garden. Maybe if I wasn't forced to collect eggs from mean Chickens who would peck at me, maybe I would like Chickens more (although I am beginning to like them a little more now that I can collect eggs at the farm, with no Chickens waiting to get me).
Maybe if I didn't take care of/groom/everything, horses for a living for over a decade, I might want a horse. But, no, been there, done that. This logic is probably why I have sheep. They aren't tarnished with negative memories, and they aren't any where NEAR as much work as horses.

I don't mind hard work, it's just that I need to prioritize, and keep it practical. A garden for me is just not practical....

I hope that doesn't make me less green.... But, if so, well, I guess I will have to learn to live with it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have plenty. You do plenty. :)