Sunday, July 28, 2013

Nice

Nice to be back in the saddle, per se... I worked Joe and Dan with a friend yesterday.  It's a long drive there, but so worth it.  I worked Joe first and his first outrun was.. well, let's just say he was nuts at the lift. This is what happens when you fetch sheep without someone holding.  No brains needed, so well, no more working on outruns without someone holding sheep!  He did a great job, and we got a couple silent gathers in too.  I also sent him a long way to get sheep off a fence and boy did he do that nice.  I was rather shocked. I worry because he seems to do things so well, is he too young?  Will I not have a lot of dog?  I don't know, I think it's more he's confident in his work.  I worked Dan a short time too, but Dan does not really need much other than brush ups before trials.  He gets so mentally hot and we had to look for the sheep, well, he's just a 10 minute brush up dog...

After we worked a bit we went out for a nice breakfast (mmm), and then a little more work, and then some little jobs, and then home.  Traffic is bad.. everyone and their brother is out!  I always worry going home if I will get stuck in a traffic jam.

New neighbors shot off fireworks for the millionth time last night.  I called the Sheriff and she told them they would be cited if they did it again.  Bad part is, she said they were nasty to her.. Not good.  Why do I attract people like that?!

Well, time to have some breakfast and some more cleaning...

Here's one of Joe's gathers and a bit of driving...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnxVp4RF7T4

No comments: