Saturday, July 6, 2013

Get it done early!

Dan's still lame on that foot.  Well, no trial for us.  He basically ripped off the entire nail leaving just the quick.  I think he's getting better, but I think it will be a few more days until we are in the clear.  I walked Dan on a leash yesterday, just to keep him quiet(er)...

Have decided to stop graining the new mom- she's not eating much and with all that grass to eat, she's in good stead. The lamb is growing well, I think she will be built lightly, like her mom, but we will see. She's my first totally home bred lamb (her mother was from my first lambing).

Weather forecast is for high heat for the next several days.  Basically, this means take it easy during the day.  This morning at about 5:45 I went out and string trimmed the yard.  It was in desperate need of it, and if I did not get out there really early, I knew that it would be just too hot.  Got it done in about an hour.  Was absolutely covered in grass and came in, took a shower and am now having my morning coffee and watching "Going Yard" on HGTV.  Soon, I will head up to Rhinebeck to the farm and walk the dogs and check the sheep.

After that, I am not sure.... can't mow my lawn as 1/2 of it it totally sopping wet from all the rain we got last week...  Cleaning, can always do that!

Well, that's it for now!

No comments: