Monday, July 15, 2013

Itchin'

I have been itchin' to get some things done at the house and also, to take a bit of a vacation.  I don't think I can do both.  I do think I would be so much happier if my house were at the point where I could be proud of it- inside.  It's not horrible, but the bathroom is close to it - to me.  The iron stains are bad enough on the tub, but the tub surround and tub need to be replaced, and I just don't see me waiting a lot more time to get them done... I also want to get new carpeting in the bedrooms and laminate in the living room.  The entire bathroom should be done, but honestly, I really just want the tub replaced, and the surround area, tiled.  I feel like I put this off every year and I get more and more down about it.  The issue is money, of course.  I may have to see about paying off in time, or take a loan on retirement.. something...  I also need the system to get rid of the iron in the water, which is $1600.  Basically, I need a ton of money.. But who is going to get this done, if I don't?  No one, and it just gets more and more depressing.  Time to find a good not overly expensive plumber and tiler...

This week is supposed to be horribly hot.  I dread it.  The bugs are out of control even with bug spray.  Gave the sheep fresh water yesterday and new minerals, and I sprayed their loafing areas with the bug spray.  Other than those measures, there is not much else I can do.  They have a lot of shade and I think will probably just eat evenings and mornings (dawn and dusk).  No real dog work this week, I am afraid; I won't do it to my sheep.  It would be really mean.

Meow, my Kitty seems to be looking for Ginger.  Ginger came to me in a dream the other night.  I had to feed and water her and sit and cuddle her.  I honestly think she is with me..... I am so ripped up about her, that I cry just writing this little part about her.  Should never have happened... Well, let's not talk about that.  I may get another kitten... I may.  Will see, it would have to be a female. I do think Meow misses having a kitty to hang with.....

That's about it...  Keep you all posted on the Hades weather....

No comments: