Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tin man (woman) needs oil

With all this wet weather I am particularly concerned with parasites- worms, in the sheep.  Since I found that one yearling ewe (the preg one) thin at shearing, I have wormed her several times, and she seems good, but not strapping like I would like.  I wormed all last month, but since then saw a couple green butts.  I ordered some Valbazen wormer, and now all lambs/adults have been wormed with that.  I do not like to worm more than I have to, but I know how lambs can go down hill fast from worms, and of course the adults, who have some resistance to them, pass on lots of eggs that lambs can ingest, so, I figured all would get a good dose of Valbazen.  Now, probably will not worm again for a couple months or more- lambs will get another dose probably in August.  Losing that one lamb was a giant wake up call.

I am very sore from my finagling the sheep for worming.  I am walking rather like a tin man who needs oil.  But, it's done...

I have loads of house work to do, but I am just not really interested in doing it... I think my sister and I need to agree on a price and I will have her do it!  Hmmm, boy would that be nice...

Nothing really interesting happening, except for last night, in my dreams.  I was laying in bed and Ginger came up to me, purring, very happy and lay in the crook of my arm.  That was a wonderful dream.  I miss Ginger so much and I have not really reconciled it... 

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: