Thursday, May 16, 2013

Yeah, debt but....

It's been three years now that I have had my sheep at my brother's place...  Before that, back in 2007, I had some sheep on a rented pasture, but that did not work well and I sold out of it very fast (too new to get all that was required, and too clueless).

My brother and I talked about it, and he agreed, and then after a total face warming joy... and walking out where the fence would go, I began on my journey- of increasing my debt... ah ha! no, not just that, but creating another Julie, one who could go back to where she was as a kid, at my grandparent's farm, and be out there, with the animals, and nature... 

It took forever to get that field cleared and a LOT of money, as there were a ton of trees to clear and brush hogging etc.  Lots of work, but more a labor of love, and future.  My brother had some steers in a field he had already fenced (the lower field) and once they were gone, I got permission to what I call "hard fence" that field, and so with the help of someone I hired off of Craigslist, I got it done.  Still more work to do on that....

In all this time I got more and sold some sheep.  Spent my time scheduling, accomplishing various seasonal goals, as I do now.  Spring is time for weed killing and lots of sheep moving, so grass can grow strong.  Summer is quiet, and saving money for hay.  Fall is breeding and getting hay in, and winter is caring for the girls so they can have healthy lambs... 

During all this I maintain the full time job, try and keep the house clean and orderly, and keep up with outside stuff (this is hardest this time of year when everything grows like crazy).   I am just like myriad others, poor (a lot) happy most of the time, and occasionally upset over things said to me.

But, all in all, life is very good, I am busy, some what in shape and am doing what makes me happy.

Debt=life, no debt=no life... and I want to live.

No comments: