Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What's life without a little pleasure?

Yeah?  What is it?  If not now, when?  I have never been one to throw caution to the wind, but I have learned that you should not put off until tomorrow, what you can do today (unless it's laundry of course!).  For say, the last six years (I had an epiphany back then), I have always scheduled something fun each week.  As time goes on, I seem to schedule more and more.... Nothing big; perhaps dinner with my friends/sister, or working dogs with friends, or taking walks with friends- anything, just to get out the usual humdrum routine.  I love routine, don't get me wrong and I am not a big traveler, but I do like to change things up here and there.  Lately, my change up seems to be sheep related, and dog related.  It's cool.  At the end of the day, I still go home to my little house and look forward to a quiet night, reading a book.  Do yourselves a favor- when work becomes all you do, or are, run- don't walk to a hobby you like.  Work will not miss you when you leave it- you will miss the life you did not lead when you go....

Okay, on a different note.  Today is busy; I have to go to a Dr. appt this morning (they reminded me that if I do not show they will charge me- isn't that nice?).  Then, I have to meet my mother to go over what I have to say at a walking tour of my Church's Cemetery- a tour to like 140 elementary school kids. Can I say that this is sort of the *last* thing I would ever want to do? I can just see me saying "get off those headstones!"  "stop running around!"  Well, I guess we all have to get out of our comfort zones sometimes (let's pray for rain, so it's canceled!).  After the brush up, I have to go meet with the guy who is buying my ram lamb- he needs company for the other one he has.  Later, I will send the second ram lamb to him.  I don't want him going yet, as he is a bit too young.  THEN, I have to go help John with shearing- specifically, he asked for Lucy's help.  I think red tag ewe and Lucy will have to have a serious meeting of the minds.  THEN, after shearing we will load up the rest of the ewe lambs that are ready to go, and I will bring them to my place.  After all of that, I will go home and chill- and begin washing my filthy clothes.

Later this week is the Cemetery tour and then getting together with my friend to work dogs.  Phew.  Life sure is busy.  Yes, I do work full time, but I live full time too.

Well, that's all the news from Lake Wobegon!

No comments: