Saturday, June 18, 2011

Those weeds? After a lengthy Internet search, followed up by some common sense approach techniques, I realized they are wild raspberry bushes. Where they are coming up is right where we cut a boat load out this March. Makes a lot of sense. I got that stupid heart palpitation and tightness of chest when I was doing this, but I got a lot out. Still more to go. Want to get it done when the ground is still soft. They have heaps of roots, and they also have runners.

Worked Danny yesterday, still working on off balance flanks. He was a little tight on his right outrun yesterday, but that may have been due to that side of the field being too long. Will ensure better work today. Sheep are good. They like it in there. Gave them more minerals yesterday- they love them. The loose minerals is the only way to go- they dip their lips in and then lick them off, and then go back for more. Still wondering why they smell like licorice (the minerals that is).

This weekend, need to go to grocery store for basics, work the dogs, maybe pick up some piles, but I think, honestly, I have to pay my nephew to do this. I am just not able to do that sort of work without that heart thing, and it scares me a bit. Now, I could do that fencing without problem, but there was not a lot of strenuous stuff. It's weird. Maybe I need to keep a diary listing how long it takes before I get like that and what the symptoms are.

My sister and I have started to plan the party of my parent's 50th wedding anniversary; I need to make sure they keep the date free, without them knowing what for. Plan to invite tons of people, and probably have it at the Mason's lodge, or VFW, or something like that- will either have a band, or a dj, or, as my sister suggested, some good use of an IPOD and good speakers :)

I was thinking last night, as I chatted with some friends, that boy, I am in debt, but boy, I am happy. Ten years ago, you would never have heard that from me. True, I work as much as I can to get out of debt, but life goes on. Money does not define me, and neither does work. What defines me is all of it, the animals, the daily life, work, as it were, and when I shut my eyes at night, can I say I am truly happy? Yes, I will say I am. I am busier than ever, I get out of bed at a dead run, it appears, because for some reason, I feel like I am missing out on the best part of the day, if I stay in bed. My grandfather used to say that. He would be out milking the goats long before us kids got up and when we went down to the kitchen, first thing we did was get his breakfast ready. It was really a good life on the farm. Animals were always fed first, and everything had a schedule to be kept to. That's how I am.

Right now I am having some wondrous coffee and a yummy English muffin... Taking a little bit of time this morning....

The summer seems to be flying by this year. Scary how every year it seems they go faster and faster. I feel like I am on some sort of life ride, and can't wait to see where it goes next...

Well, that's it for now. Better get something done!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You be careful with that heart thing.

Some minerals have molasses in them to encourage the sheep to eat them. I wonder if that is what you're smelling.