Friday, June 17, 2011

Rain. Solid rain this morning, which I could tell by the fact that none of the dogs wanted to get up. The hearing of these animals.... I am glad we are getting rain, we need it, and I want the other pasture that I am resting to get as much water as possible- not only for grass, but I have to pull these horrendous multi-stemmed weeds. They are huge, and have to go- sheep will not eat them.

Sheep are good in the other pasture. The Border Leicesters have all gained weight, and the rest look good- even the lambs. They have decided their resting place is smack dab in the center of the field, next to a pen I put in there. They like to be near buildings, or the like. This weekend I will check the floor in the other part of the barn they can go into now, and allow them free access should they like.

I picked a date for the sheep clinic, Aug 27/28, and have at least one confirmed open handler coming, as well as my vet friend. Should be very good. Have had five people contact me to sign up.

Today, since it's raining, not sure what I will get done- I want to pull those weeds, at least start, and I also want to do more cleaning in the house- started on that last night. Had a nice night last night, listening to old tunes on youtube and chatting with friends. Nice relaxing night.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: