Wednesday, June 8, 2011

So, summer is in full swing, even if the calendar disagrees. This means I hibernate.... I just can't hack high heat and humidity. Dogs get a walk around the pasture, and a dip on the pond and that's it.

Yesterday was the last sort of okay temperature-wise day we were going to have. After work, I headed up to the farm, walked the dogs and then checked the sheep. So far so good. I noticed that one of the older ewes looked a bit thin, and scored her and she had lost a little bit of weight. I decided I should worm them, as I did not worm them when I did the Cheviots one or two months ago.

I got Lucy and we were able to get three done, just holding them on the fence, but this one pain in the butt ewe would have none of me getting to her. So, I had to bring them down by the gate where there is a bit of a corner. I dosed her, and as usual, Lucy was a great help. Would not have sheep without a dog, no way. I think I am getting good at noticing little things in my sheep; things that are off in a small way. This, I hope means I can catch things before they go to far south.


The fence guy neither called nor showed up yesterday (surprise surprise). He said he would come Friday if not Tues, so let's see. He's a real pita. But, almost done, so I have to put up with it a little longer.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: