Thursday, June 23, 2011

Been a while... I think I need a vacation! One where there are no dogs, no animals, other than the wild kind, and perhaps a beach and a pool.... I am not as busy as some, and busier than others, but in any case, I am just wanting to relax a bit. I have a trial this weekend and next, and then off for a month and then one more. I may go do some sheepdog work with a friend at the end of this month, but we will see.

Sheep have been fine. I have been trying to decide what to do with my intact ram lambs, as I don't want them breeding my ewes, but there is simply no easy answer, so I am going to keep them as long as I can, and then process them.

We got more rain this week; it's a huge difference from last year where we had very little rain all summer. The hill pasture, where my sheep normally are, has been rested now for a week and a half and is really doing well. The pasture where the sheep are now, still has tons of grass. I am so glad I got the fencing up. Also, with use of the barn, I can sort sheep much easier.

Dogs are good- Lucy shed all her undercoat in I think, like two days. She's basically naked now. I brushed out Nikke, and she looks good- Danny and Kylie are next. Cats are good, and boy kitty didn't start meowing at 4:30 this morning, so for that, I am extremely grateful.

Gotta work Danny today/tomorrow, but with the thunderstorms, it may be an issue.

Not much exciting happening, I am afraid... But, no news is good news, right?

Oh, I did get Danny's first place ribbon from the P/N class at Finality for the second trial in the mail the other day, so now we have memorialized proof that my boy on his first weekend in pro novice won both times he walked to the post.

Okay, now I am hitting the road!

No comments: