Thursday, June 16, 2011

One good thing about being busy, is you lose a little weight. That's good. Also, you sleep better at night :0)

So far this week, I attached the sheep/goat fencing to the gates, some of them, anyway, and cleaned up a few things at the farm.

Yesterday was a whirlwind. Had my normal day at work, and then went to John's farm to drench the sheep as they got sheared. They really needed shearing and they also have not, to my knowledge been wormed, so they needed that too. I will say most looked very good though. John got a new gun/back pack assembly, and that was a real dream to use. One squirt and done, and auto-reload!

After that, I went to the farm and walked the dogs, and then worked Danny on just the Border Leicesters. I put the others into the barnyard. I may work the yearlings today. Danny is doing well, and doing better on off balance flanks. After I finished working on the gates, I headed home. I decided I better mow, so I got that done, took a break and then out for string trimming. I left the electric cords out there because I still need to trim hedges/shrubs. Then, the outside will be almost decent (need to pressure wash the siding still).

When I went inside, I got some neatening up done, but today will be massive cleaning. The dogs have all been shedding a lot lately....

Slept pretty well last night, almost finished that book by Earlene Fowler (go and get these books, if you are like me, you will love them!).

This morning, I let boy kitty out as usual, and when I called him to come in, he would not. EEK!!!!!!!! He had a baby mouse! He was just sort of standing next to it, and watching it. EEK!!!! Not HIM, my baby boy kitty! Not a killer!!!!!! The irony here is that is why I supposedly got him- to catch mice..... So, I trundled out there with my shoes half on/off, and saw a small mouse clearly freaked out and I picked up my boy, and carried him in (on his back, because he likes that). As we went, he purred, and meowed- cuddling to him in any form is a good thing. Then, when I set him down in the living room, he commenced cleaning himself off, because that hunting is hard, dirty work, you know?

So, today I have nothing planned, other than perhaps some work at the farm when I am there, and cleaning the house.

This weekend, most people I know are going to go to Hop Bottom for a sheepdog trial. I skipped this one, because the next two weekends I have trials, and two weekends in a row is more than enough for me. I suppose I should trial Danny more, but $$ and time is always a factor. I don't do the Canadian trials either- no way I can justify that expense/time.

I am planning on having a sheep handling clinic at my place, and perhaps a bit of dog work interspersed. Also, a vet friend of mine will be coming, so we can get a lot covered at once. Now, just to pick a date.

So, that's it folks!

No comments: