Saturday, February 19, 2011

Well, the weekend is here, thank goodness. The other day, I went to feed my sheep, and the lambs were acting really weird. Running around like they were getting bit by something, and then a couple, one especially, was standing next to the barn, head down, and none were really eating normally. I called a vet, and even though it was his day off, he came by.

He took the temps of the ewes, and they were fine. The two lambs he checked had fevers (104.7, 104.9). So, the decision was to give Thiamine, basically to allay my concerns over that, and also Nu Flor, an anti-biotic.

The shots had to be given in the neck, so I held. One ewe, after feeling that Nu Flor, THREW me across the room, and it took just a second for me to get up. Typical large animal vet, waited for me to get up and catch the next one. Not a concern at all, just let's get this done. It doesn't bother me, but I am reminded I am aging!

The next day, the lambs were fine. I don't know if we will ever know what happened.

On another note, my brother is very very sick. I won't go into details yet, until I know more, but prayers are gratefully welcomed. My mother is beside herself, and I am doing my best, along with my sister, to keep her mind on other things.

Life is just never the expected. You just have to enjoy the good when you have it.


Tonight I am supposed to go out with friends. Not sure if I will because I was up all night with the wind blowing like crazy. We will see- maybe if I get a nap.

Was supposed to get a hay delivery yesterday, but the guy canceled, so it is now scheduled for Monday. Good thing, because by Tues, I have no more hay. The only issue, is we are expected to get at least 6" of snow Sunday into Monday.

Dogs are good, Lucy still in heat, so she comes to work with me. She is beginning to like this deal. Poor Danny.... He's been well behaved, like always though.

Danny's sister was bred, and it is tempting to bring a lass home from that litter.

But, honestly, EVERYTHING is on hold, until we know what is happening with my brother, because I may have to change my life quite a bit.

No comments: