Thursday, February 17, 2011

So, for a while now, I think I have been sounding a bit down... I know, it's the weather, but I think maybe, just maybe, things are looking up. Spring is around the corner, even IF we get snow this weekend, like they are predicting.

I wanted to focus more on things that I like, no matter how small...

Things I like:

Making crepes for breakfast with wonderfully home brewed coffee. What a wonderful repast. I do this once a week, and I look forward to this calm, wonderful food time.

When I have let the dogs out for the last time, and everyone is in their places, and I can read a book, and just totally immerse myself in it.

When my kitty asks for cuddles, just because.

After I feed the sheep, the happiness in their eyes as they munch munch munch away.

The feeling of having had a productive day at work, and being grateful I do have a job I like, and am good at.

Having a house of my own, and being close to family, and able to be there at a moment's notice if need be.

Looking forward to working my dogs, and enjoying watching other people work their dogs.

My new video camera.

Time to go out with friends and really enjoy ourselves.


That's just a partial list, but it covers a lot of what makes me pretty happy. Life is definitely a journey of enjoying the small stuff and knowing that life is definitely filled with ups and downs, but focusing on the ups is what gets us through.

No comments: