Sunday, February 13, 2011



So, today my friends and I met at John's to treat the sheep. This time we had a better set up. John divided the barn room into half the size of last time with panels, and we were able to keep them well together. Still, we had some almost escapes, and one did, to the other side, until that is, we got Lucy on that side. John held Lucy at the weak corner, and that solved that. Before we started, Lucy had to get them out of the run in area, and again they were fighty, but I lay Lucy down and we were slower, and it was good for Lucy and the sheep to see things go better.

I grabbed/held, J squirted, and JD marked. We were done in just over 45 mins. It really went very well. Several of these girls are goodly pregnant, can't wait to see how many lambs we get.

After we did the sheep, we went to lunch, and now I am home. I am tired- as I woke, or, I was rather awoken last night at 2:30 a.m. by a cat who wanted to cuddle. Oh well. So, today I am chilling out.

Lucy is in heat, and Danny is therefore, not where she is. Thankfully it's warmer outside, so he can be outside more. Cannot wait for the weather to warm up and snow to disappear soon.

This week I plan to watch the snow melt, and also, get my last delivery of hay. First we need to clear a path to the barn.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: