Thursday, August 12, 2010

Highs, lows

It's been a long week. It's not been that bad, but it's definitely had it's lows. And, one high ;) My brother told me of an ad on craigslist for some pasture gates for sale, so the other night we headed up there, and met the guy. Turns out my brother knows him. He lives only a few miles from the farm. He sold us three 16', a 14', a couple 12's, a 6' and a 4', PLUS a round bale feeder for $425.00. I gave him a deposit and we pick them up next week :)))))) This means I can lock the cows out of the pasture I want to use to work the sheep!!!!!!!! Also, I think this guy took a shine to me, because when I mentioned how nice his grass was, and the one field would be to work sheep, he told me to bring my sheep! He repeated this two or three times :) He has a girlfriend though, so no go on that, but at least I get to work my sheep in those fields!!!!!

I haven't worked my sheep since the weekend; too bloody hot. They hate this heat. Believe it or not, the burn pile is still smoldering, and that is where the sheep are hanging out, I guess to get relief from the giant horse flies that are attacking them.

I worked Danny and Lucy at my friend's place the other day. Lucy was sorting with me, it was very hot. She ended up quitting, as it took forever, and ran down to the gate to get to the pond. She is NOT handling heat well lately. I ended up using Danny to sort, and he was great. He's doing well, and Lucy in the little I worked her did well too. I realized that instead of laying her down, giving her a steady is much better. She likes it. I believe I have been to harsh on her, and I don't want to be that way anymore, even if it means we suck at trialling.

I got blood work done this week, as well as the holter monitor put on. It comes off today.

Last night was a bad one. At 11:30 pm, Ginger peed right in the middle of my bed. That really really stinks.

Well, that's it for now, need more coffee!!!!!!!!

No comments: