Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Also....

On Friday before the clinic, I stopped by the farm to check the sheep, and top up their water. My brother told me that we had an opportunity to get some good hay, cheap, but we had to get it off the field- that day. So, I followed him to the field, and parked my car, left a window open and the a/c on for the dogs (I would have left them home if I knew that we were doing this).

So, we got a bunch loaded and then a dog appears- it was Lucy. Some how she got the passenger side window open and leaped out and ran around looking for me. She was over heated and staggering. I picked her up and ran her to the pond. Scared me. That will never happen again.

We got the 93 bails unloaded and went back for 30 more, and saw a friend of mine in the field getting hay too :)

So, we finally got it all unloaded and I went home!

Today, Weds, I met a vet who came to give my sheep their health certificates and Rabies Vax for the demos at the fair. I tried to use corn to get them to follow me, but they blew me off, so I had to get Lucy- serves me right for trying to be nice!
Vet says they look good. So, that job's done.

On the health front, still have a way too slow heart rate. Doctor asked me if I exercise a lot, and at first I said yes (apparently, I have dementia!) and then I realized 10 mins standing, sometimes walking or running a little in a field, isn't what she meant. She's ordered a holter monitor, and lots of blood work. We have to get a handle on this because I am back to being ready for bed all day, and extremely forgetful. Please think positive thoughts for figuring out what is going on. I need to feel better, and soon.

The plans for the demo are coming along nicely- I have two friends who will be there to help, and with all our dogs, we should be great! I am starting to look forward to it.... Tentatively....

So, that's it for now. I suppose some day, the humidity will break, right?

No comments: