Sunday, February 14, 2010

Working working working...

Well, I watched a lot of the opening ceremony of the Olympics. I enjoyed it, but I fell asleep before the lighting of the torch by none other than Wayne Gretsky. I have to say, that the death of the Georgian Luger still ways on my mind. So senseless. If they had just put a plexi glass wall up along that stretch, like the stuff they use in Hockey... Horrible, just horrible.

After work yesterday, I worked dogs. Lots of work eh? :) Anyway, I worked Lucy first, and I made sure I stayed calm, and I also lowered the tone of my stop whistle. Well, it worked. Lucy was calm, and taking her stops. We did a small open type course, and we were successful. I guess you wonder what that means? Well, good outrun, took her stop on the fetch, turned them nice around me, and all drive legs pretty good. Had a good shed too.

Then, I worked Danny. Danny was good, albeit a bit tight on his outruns, so I did some work with him on that. When Danny's got the right distance on the outrun, so that also means lift, he is very nice, and doesn't push the sheep hard, and gives them room when they near me. I also worked a bit on fence pulling, and we will continue with that as we go. I also did a bit of work on his driving. He really likes this. No flanks yet, but I am really just using it so we can fetch again ;)

I got home last night just too tired to make stew, so I made a Sirloin steak, and left 1/2 for the dogs. Which, I might add, they LOVED. I then got in bed, read my book, and watched a little bit of the Olympics, before just falling into dream land.

I have to work again today, and then I want to hit Target for some dog beds. Then, my Target will be home, make some chocolate chip cookies and nighty night!

No comments: