Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday

After work, I drove home and picked up Lucy and Danny to take them on a walk on the "rail trail". It's part of the Appalachian trail that communities have all spruced up, and I figure I should start availing myself of it... So, I drove to where I knew it intersected with a road, but there was no where to park. Great. So, I drove up to some sort of mechanical station, and parked near it. Hoping that I wouldn't get towed. There were no "no parking" signs, so I figured we'd be okay.

We began our walk, and soon I saw a couple women and two yellow labs up ahead. They were very nice, as they saw that Danny got stupid, and they moved to the side saying something like "we only have one (each) and you have two". That was very nice, and the dogs behaved. It was then that I decided Danny would be worked on his leash manners. No more in front. Soon, a black mixed breed dog came up, and Danny was fine, pretty much, but I wondered if maybe he's only used to primarily black dogs... Who knows. I know that I spent the rest of the long work keeping the dogs behind me. Danny is not the bravest, and GOD KNOWS he doesn't need to lead the pack..

So, we got home, and I noticed that Nikke was straining to poo. Well, her tumor, or it's close kin was very obvious- meaning she could not poo. So, I make a vet appointment. We get in there, and the vet asks if he could take her in back so all the other vets could see it. So, I wait. Finally, they were ready for me. He tells me that it is basically almost like a GIANT hemorrhoid, even though dogs don't get them. They do NOT think it's the tumor returned. She's been straining, so that has helped it to inflame. Instructions are: Preparation H, and warm packs, also, re-check in a week. Oh, and while they were messing with her, they released things so she poo'd astronomically huge amounts. I bet she feels much better. If it is not better in a week, we have it removed- exteriorally, so the sphincters should not be in danger.

I then made myself an early dinner, and plan to warm pack Nikke, and then watch the Olympics and read. Nothing exciting. It was SO warm today, I was actually perspiring on my walk with the dogs. The sun is so bright in the sky, it's just great!

Tomorrow, dinner at my parents, and cleaning cleaning cleaning. The house really needs it.

No comments: