Friday, February 5, 2010

February made me shiver...

Well, yes, it does... But, that's not the reason for the title. The reason for the title is I heard this song two times yesterday on the way to work sheep. I love this song. I wish more bands would play it, because I surely would sing along!

I haven't worked the dogs in two weeks. Mainly issues of time, weather, and well, umph. Just haven't much of it... So...

After work, I headed out to work the dogs. Lucy forgot again about the stop. I swear it's a nervous tick. She's so amped, that she doesn't mean to be "bad", she just can't help herself. I am to the point, just about that I am just going to lay off the stop, and just calm down, and work her hard, and just hope that she calms down. Granted, she's about 10 dogs in one dog's body, and she isn't worked enough. If all of this means I don't do a lot of trialing, but work her on the farm, well, so be it. She is one heck of a dog, and I could not ask for more. We are not perfect- none of us, and plus, on the trialing side of it, I don't LOVE trialing...

I also worked Danny. I started with some not too small outruns, and he over flanked on the away side- I swear, sometimes, when he gets up there, he thinks we are just working flanks. So, work to be done on that- I am getting up there and reminding him where he should be. His come by side is much better, stops on a dime, on his own and walks in so pretty. It's nice.

Danny got a bit vehement and instead of fetching, split them, and then we had 4 sheep all over. The little boy got the three together (the 4th split far away) and he brought them- he really had to think/cover/rate to keep them together. That was good. You can see that when he splits the sheep he says "uh oh, hmmm, got to get them together..." Thankfully the splitting isn't too often, and is less and less as we go.

I didn't get home until dark last night- and when I did, Ginger, my old kitty, I noticed had wet on the bed. She is starting, I think to lose a bit of control. I am usually home much earlier, and I make sure she goes to the litter box, but of course I couldn't do that yesterday.... So, I had to wash all the bed linens. Last thing I wanted to do.

I had a HORRIBLE night last night. Lots of night terrors, and couldn't sleep. I am surprised I am alive....

Glad, REALLY glad it's Friday. Lucy and Danny were just so amped up this morning. I don't think sheep work tires them out at all- it just charges them up.

I think this weekend would be a good time for a movie, and maybe I will work the dogs. I just don't know for sure. Can't wait for spring....

No comments: