Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas and onward

Christmas was very nice.  We had a fresh ham, roasted potatoes, veggies, and for desert we had a choice of chocolate cheese cake or carrot cake.  It was a great meal.  We were all a bit tired though; two days of festivities is hard on us getting olders...  But, it was a nice time.

Now it's time to get back to normal- or some sense of it.  A big storm is fore-casted for tonight into tomorrow, and I am hoping to be able to go pick up a couple of bales of straw for the barn.  I noticed yesterday that the straw on the barn floor has done a good job of keeping wet at the bottom, but when I checked further, I saw that indeed, I need to clean out.  This storm is bringing lots of WET- rain and snow and sleet.  I know the sheep will be in the barn.  I really feel for sheep who can't get out of weather like that.  I also feel for sheep who have to go into really dirty barns- it's a pet peeve of mine.  Nothing worse than seeing a line of filth where you know the sheep had to lay in it.  It's *really* easy to throw some straw on top so at least they can be dry and clean.  

Have not worked the dogs lately, and won't be doing it today either; too cold and too wet.  I think it's good for them to get a break too.  I have no plans for the coming several weeks, so definitely in the winter doldrums.  I will get Joe out different places to work, but that's basically it.  The years go by so fast now..... I just hope to keep up....

Well, that's it for now.  I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

No comments: