Monday, July 30, 2012

It's been pretty good.  Still have the normal worries- I now know that my debt will ride along with me for the rest of my life and I guess that's just how it is meant to be.  What to do?  Win the lottery?  That would be nice.  Life goes on, and it costs money to go on...

Sheep are good.  They are up in the other field and should be fine in there for at least six weeks.  We have been getting a lot of rain so the fields are really growing.  It's odd to be down in numbers, but I have just the cream of the crop now, and I really want to be selective as to who stays/leaves.  The lambs have grown so much, it's amazing...  I have to have the one wether processed later this year, but not sure when.  I would much rather not...  I am soft.

Dogs are good. I have been bringing Joe up to a trainer and we have made some very good progress. I am now in the picture, and it's going a lot better.  Interestingly, using any sort of tool just amps him up and does nothing to push him out.  So, it's just my body- standing up straight and sometimes growling at him.  He's a lot of fun to work.  I have also been working Dan, working on small flanks and slowing him down on the drive/fetch.  The last time I worked him, it was just beautiful.  These are two darn nice dogs. I am very lucky.  The other dogs are good too.  Lucy is happy with our longer walks and the older girls remain happy not to have Lucy around to kick their butts... It's not the best arrangement (Lucy crated when they are loose) but believe it or not, Lucy seems happier in her crate when the other dogs are around...

My old kitty gave me a scare last night.  She started to vomit on the bed, so I got her off, and she puked on the floor.  Then she stayed under the bed and howled loudly.  Almost like she thought she was lost... I had to move the bed and get her out.  She seemed a little out of it after that- but it was probably due to still feeling sick... Then, she went to the water bowl and screeched/howled.  She has been doing a little of that for a while- whenever she goes to water, but last night was LOUD, louder than anything I have ever heard.  She finally came back to her bed on my bed, and relaxed.  I was really upset though.  I started to cry.  I know she can't be with me much longer, but what history we have.  I have had her since 1993.  That's a really long time and I can't imagine not having her.  I did not sleep well last night.  This morning I woke up a bit dizzy and really tired.  There is nothing I can do for my Ginger, just take the best care I can of her, and love her.  I told her that last night, and as I did I flashed back to when I put my Boxer Tucker down.  I still have not reconciled that in my head. 
Okay, enough of that for now... too hard...

This week is more of the same. I have to decide what trials I am going to enter, and get on it....

No comments: