Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I decided against the quiet sheep to bring home.  I don't have a pen built to work Joe in and with all the trees, it will just be an accident waiting to happen.  For now I will just travel other places to work the boy and that will have to suffice until I can get him off enough to work my girls.  I don't think it will take that long.

I sent off three ewe lambs and my beautiful ram lamb.  Now I am down four sheep and I feel better about the drought conditions, and keeping my sheep in grass.

Today it's extremely hot.  I walked the dogs and was starting a second lap, when Lucy just got hot. She can no longer handle high temps/humidity.  So, my Kelpie was hotter than my BCs.  Weird things happen.  Joe is getting in good shape now, running with the other dogs.

Only about two more weeks left of July and then August, okay, good, now then fall?  When is fall coming?  Everyone I have talked to this year does NOT like summer- especially THIS summer.  We need cooler temps!!!!

Well, that's it for now!

No comments: