Sunday, May 15, 2011

Yesterday was a good one. I did get some rest in late in the day, but prior to that got all my errands done. Also, got some house keeping done. Still more to do. Today it is raining, GOOD! We need it. I got all that seeding done, but the ground on the hill is very dry. Like cracked dry. So, this will be very good. It's a rye grass and blue grass lawn mix, but there is such a dearth of good grass up there (remember, we went from woods to field) that any grass will be better than none. I think this will be a matter of a few years before I get that field growing like I like. Sheep seem okay, I will not let them hang out in high tensile field without me watching them like a hawk- as they have proven, the minute I walk away, they leave.

The fence guy is supposed to come tomorrow, let's hope he gets it done. I really want to rotate these sheep around. If I need a stronger charger, I will get one.... They better watch it...

Danny and Lucy each worked a bit yesterday, and I kept the driving, etc., shorter, as I want to keep Danny up and crisp on his work. Need to straighten a few things up before our next trial (next weekend), and then we shall see how the trial Gods treat us.

Today is clean up day here, and then to my parents' for dinner. Lucy and Dan will come with me, so I can check on, perhaps work them later, but if it is pouring, we won't work them.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: