Thursday, May 12, 2011

Another thing done! I got home yesterday and began working on the back door flooring. I had tiles down there, removed them last week with a hair dryer- worked really well, but there was a lot of glue. Got some butcher paper and laid that down so the glue would not stick to my floating floor, and commenced the job. It was not as easy as the last job. Not at all.... It took 3.5 hours, and was a bit of a puzzle- which if you know plank flooring, it isn't supposed to go like that.... Well, it's done. I need some trim on the edges, and a wider carpet strip on two sides, and that should hide the flaws. Looks great though. Now, I am set to shampoo the carpet and this weekend I buy some new furniture. Finally, will have a living room that I actually want to spend time in.


Yesterday, I didn't have the energy to walk Danny more than one lap and for some reason he was fine with that. Worked he and Lucy on the sheep a bit, and Lucy made me really happy. She took her stops, didn't press on the fetch, and didn't seem unhappy driving. I told her she was a good girl- she's a real gathering dog, so driving is what she does because she must, gathering is what she lives for... I missed working her. I love that dog so.

I had cleaned out the barn last weekend, and need to get some lime. The sheep will be housed in the room I had the hay in last year, which is bigger, so that is yet another job I have to get to.

I also had a guy come out to spec out putting up more high tensile for me in the two other pastures. He should be back on Monday. I really need to rotate these guys, as their pasture soil is not great and the other pastures are much better. I also need more grass for the lambs coming next month. They are getting very big. One is a MONSTER. She is just enormous. I will get a pic of her.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: