Friday, May 6, 2011

Good feeling today. I don't quite know how to put it down on "paper", but I am cool... That's the term I use when things are going fine, even good. Not sure why. Maybe it's seeing my sheep in the fields, grazing away, or watching Danny and Lucy run with me during our walks, or maybe it's the good books I have been reading. Either/any way, it's cool.

I really have learned to live in the moment, and enjoy each day for what it brings me. I think aging does that to a person. Time seems short. Years fly by, and if there is something you want, you are better to have tried and failed then to never have tried at all. Words to live by. Many people, myself included are prone to not try something because they are worried it's a fool's folly. The fool is the person who never tries for fear of failing. Life is not a dress rehearsal. You have to seize each day with a vice like grip and ride it down the path- wherever it leads you.

I forget which day this week it was, but I took a day after work to just chill. Not do anything. Left the sheep alone, didn't even run the dogs. I just needed down time to read my book and relax. Did me a lot of good.

Sheep are still being mauled by the black flies, but they are slowly adjusting and the cool nights we have been having have no doubt helped them relax as there are no flies. Beginning of June I will be bringing home some more Cheviot lambs. Will be good to work Danny on them. He needs a challenge. Will worm them first, and I will set up a feeding area as they may need some hay/grain as they will be babies. We will see.

I worked in the house- finally tackled the front entry way, and put the new flooring in. I LOVE it. Highly recommend it. This is not your momma's vinyl flooring. It's plank flooring (36" long/12" wide) and it's interlocking. I will do the back door area next. Took me some time, as I had to cut around molding, etc., but it was well worth it. It's a floating floor too.

I need to finish the living room so I can pull up the carpet in my bedroom- it's way beyond it's good life now. I have no doubts that that carpeting is helping to make my allergies worse.

Lucy seems better now. She seems to have calmed down a bit, and less shivering. Probably not sore anymore. Worked her a bit on the sheep yesterday, and that made her very happy (me too).

So, this weekend, I may do the back door area flooring, and I need to start looking for furniture. I want either a small sectional couch, or a couch and chair. Not sure what, but money will decide for me. I also need something to put in the area where the tv goes....

I will work the dogs, and I hope my friends at the sheepdog trials do well.

No comments: