Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I have been very busy this week. This time of year, things are always flat out, but this year, with the sheep, has been a bit more- as I need to put them in the less than great fenced area for grazing as their home pasture is not so great. This means that I spend more time there than I have time for! Been working Danny on different things. Danny's weaknesses are pretty clear, and I have things I have to mention to the clinicians I am going to. It's interesting that he lacks what Lucy excels in and Lucy excels in what Danny lacks...

Lucy is back to normal now. I have been working her a bit and she's happy and not so tense, worried like she was. I think no heats will definitely be a good thing.

I am putting in the new floor at the back door tonight, and then I have a list of other things to do.

My allergies are the same, but maybe not *quite* so bad. I can only hope. I have been sleeping pretty well, but really busy days will do that to a person..

I have a guy coming to put more high tensile up, so the sheep will have three pastures to graze, and this will allow me to rotate them- which will be just what I have wanted to do. Am getting some lambs from John early June- or sooner. My GOD how big some of the ewe lambs have gotten- rather like Texels!

Had a Scottish Highland bull calf born- talk about strong! He's built like Mac truck and runs like a gazelle. Those are nice cattle. They have a WONDERFUL field to live in.

So, that's it for now. Only like a TON of stuff to do this week!

No comments: