Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wow. What a night.... Sick as a dog. All night. Isn't that nice? I swear, I have done something to irritate the sleep Gods. I am getting up later in order to make up for lost middle of the night sleep.

When I got to the farm yesterday, the sheep were up in the field somewhere, no doubt under a cedar tree keeping out of the rain. I didn't bring a dog with me, because I just didn't want them covered in that mud. I took a good look at everyone, and it does appear that at least one ewe lamb is really packing it on. The littlest one I have dubbed "Tinkerbell" is still small, but not too small. I suspect she will always fall in at the low end of the measuring stick. What is good, is that this hay is clearly feeding my sheep well.

I have to make up some sort of wall hay feeder for my sheep. Something they can eat out of in the room that will be their winter quarters..... I think I will just go and get some wood at home depot, and start tinkering.

Dogs are good. Oh, and Ginger, my old kitty? She hasn't puked in several days (I am sure I just jinxed it). Boy do I really love my kitties. Both of them. So nice and calm, compared to my dogs....

This weekend (Sunday) is the fun trial.... I will be sure to stop and redirect him should he decide to be tight at the top.... Lucy is entered too...

No comments: