Saturday, December 11, 2010

I have been sort of out of sorts lately (how's that for word play?!). I have been very anxious, and I don't know why. It may be knowing there are Coyotes traipsing just outside my field (found evidence, or should I say, the dogs did). Could be just not having time to get things like cleaning done, or the like.... Whatever it is, I awake in the morning anxious, and feeling like I have to get running right away. It's tiring.

The fence got knocked down by a HUGE dead tree the other day- I found this the same day as I did the Coyote scat along the lane outside my field. My brother cut up the tree, and I fixed the fence. Sheep are nervous, but that may be due to us having had a lesson last weekend (my sheep freak at strange dogs, it would appear). I think that is probably a good thing, wrt Coyotes...

I moved the last panel over to the barnyard corral I made, and now, I can use that corral for when the really cruddy weather hits. And I know it will. It has been very cold lately (5 degrees yesterday morning). This weekend it will warm up, but then back to highs in the 20s.

I haven't worked the dogs at all, because of the cold, and being a bit tired. A break is a good thing.

Tonight I am going to a Sons of Norway dinner, Pork roast is on the menu, so that ought to be good. I hope...

I have to go pick up a book I have saved for me at Barnes and Noble today, after work, and then work on some needed stuff at the farm, and then home, and maybe clean, before we head out for dinner. Tomorrow is going to be a chill day for me. It simply has to.

No comments: