Wednesday, December 15, 2010

So, it's mid week, and every day this week something extra was scheduled in. So, now the rest of the week, I hope it's a bit quieter. Once it warms up a bit, I plan to work Danny a bit. It's been way too cold for me to be out there. Amazing, that. I used to work in a heck of a lot colder weather, but I think my missionary fervor has worn out....

I checked out all the sheep today- their body scores. Fat. They are fat. The lambs, it's hard to tell, because the nap of their fleece is so thick, whereas the Border Leicester ewes are long wooled, so I can get my fingers in there.

I gave them some grain today, but I don't think they really need it. So far, it would appear that sheep are pretty darn hardy, or at least mine are.

I need to get more hay delivered soon, as my hay guy is heading south for a bit in January. Lord, will it be nice to have warm weather back.

All the animals at home are fine; Danny and Lucy play a LOT together. That's a very good thing. Lucy seems very relaxed and happy lately.

I think I may have my sister do my Christmas shopping- I kid you not. She loves to do it, and this year, well, I could just skip it all. I just don't feel in the mood for Christmas. As in, I would like to just hop on a cruise for the day...

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: