Friday, October 15, 2010

Time flies

Been busy this week, and it's been good. Have gotten a lot of the jobs I wanted to get done- DONE. I cleaned the gutters, replaced the air filter of the furnace, took the a/c out of the window, put away the fan, and last night cleaned my kitchen- even the top of the fridge. My goal is to do just one job each night, so my weekends are free.

Blue baby Parakeet finally emerged from the box. He's chunky, but he's out, and he appears happy to be out. The two baby blue babies are just so extremely beautiful, I am not sure I will be able to part with them. They are also nice birds- calm, and sweet, but certainly not hand tame!

I worked Lucy and Danny on the lambs this week. Lucy was very good, she was born to cover. Danny was a bit different, but not too bad. He has a BAD habit, wherein, if things go kerfluey, and the sheep explode, he will just turn away, and run off for about 10 feet - and then come back. Not sure if it is fear, as much as he is afraid I will get after him. He had his tail up some of the time, and he also body blocked a few, as time wore on- these are not dog broke sheep, so it sort of through him for a loop. Which is sort of what he needs ;) Life isn't a bowl of dog broken sheep Danny.

Yesterday I worked the lambs with the ewes just to get them used to being worked a bit. Then, once they are not so crazy, I will work them without the adults.

We got some good rain last night, and it didn't get that cold, so I am hoping that my lambs got a good washing.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the sheep and wool festival after work, and then maybe work dogs. Then, Sunday, we vax the lambs and worm everyone.

That's it for now :)

No comments: