Friday, October 22, 2010

Oriole Hill Farm CSA

We will soon be starting our very own CSA here at Oriole Hill Farm. Plans are to have on offer, veggies, beef, lamb, poultry, eggs, fiber, you name it. This will allow us to be able to make the best use of this property, while encouraging others to "get into" farming.

I believe that this will be how most small farms will exist in the next 50 years, and it makes good sense to start now, while we are still small. Once we get a pool of folks signing up, we may add new "crops", but we will see how it goes.

My goal is to make the farm pay for itself, and in doing so, take a giant load of my brother and I, and keep the farm solvent for as long as we are still breathing.

I would be glad to hear suggestions on things to be careful of, and perhaps things that other people find helpful.

Thanks everyone, this will be good, I can feel it.

No comments: