Monday, October 11, 2010

Nice weekend

Sunday was an early rise day- even though I didn't want to! I had to get up to hit the bathroom, so then I also let the dogs out- around 5:00! YUCK. My one day to sleep in.
I had a headache, so I went back to bed, then had breakfast, and then considered my options for the day. Stay home and do the work I should, or go work dogs at my friend's place.. Hard decision....

So, on my way up to my friend's place, I stopped by to check my sheep. The lambs are staying right with the Border Leicesters, and seem happy. I tried to grain the lambs, but they are down right feral to people. So, they BL's got it all. It's cute, BL's follow me in a line, and then, behind them are the Chev lambs.

I got to my friend's place and we worked dogs for a long while, and then I headed home, and stopped at the farm again. All sheep peacefully grazing. Good. I brought a flake of hay up, but no one so much as glanced at it.

When I got home, I called the farmer I got the lambs from, and learned that they have not been vaxed or wormed, so I need to do that, which should be loads of fun, given that they won't let me near them, and are small, and wily, and well, let's just say, a barrel of laughs.....

May work the dogs today, may not. It depends. Need to get some work done at the house. Danny has a lesson on Thursday, where I hope to concentrate on learning exercises for finishing flanks right!

No comments: