Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sheep and wool festival etc.

This was one of the three huge sheep handling equipment vendors. Such nice stuff. I wish I could afford it. Some day, we will be the real deal, and will need to have this stuff. Beautiful.



This is a Corriedale ram. That panel is 4 ft high. Do you SEE how large he is? He's just ginormous, and I cannot imagine wanting anything that big!!




Let's see. Yesterday was full indeed. I worked (as usual) and then went to the grocery store, and then picked up the dogs, and headed to the sheep and wool festival. It was huge. Bigger than ever before, and loaded with so many fiber vendors and buyers. I felt like odd man out being that I don't knit, or wear wool, or any natural fibers. The buyers were DEAD serious. Bringing small suitcases on wheels to haul their purchases. In the buildings, it was all I could do to get through. Some vendors were VERY popular. It was rather like being at a shoe sale at Bloomies. I just pretty much stayed out of the way...

I did find a VERY talented pen/ink artist and bought two items, one, a print of a BC herding sheep, and a T-shirt of the same scene for my friend, which, today, I need to have a friend of mine stop in there, and get a bigger size, as this is way to small!!! But, I love them.

They had a building for gourmet foods and wine, and jerky, and salsa, and honey, you name it.

There were sheep/alpaca/llama there, and a smattering of rabbits.

There was also a sheepdog demo, she worked sheep and ducks. No where near as cool as the trial, so I hope they bring the trial back next year, but not holding my breath.

After my afternoon at the sheep and wool, I stopped at the farm and worked the dogs a bit, and then home. Made a nice steak dinner, and then just relaxed, and read my book.

I got up way too early today, in anticipation, I guess of getting things done. Good weekend :)

No comments: