Wednesday, December 18, 2013

They say it's going to warm up.  For that I am extremely grateful.  My feet seriously froze yesterday.. I need to remember to wear my feet warmers...

I have started tackling one cleaning job at the house a day now.  This makes it so much nicer, and easier to keep up.  Yesterday, after normal chores when I got home I tackled the dusting of the bedroom.  So much nicer to sleep in a dust free bedroom...

I made some awesome "sweet" chili the other day.. I get hungry just thinking about it.  It's a recipe my mother made a lot when we were kids.  It's baked beans, onions, brown sugar, a bit of ketchup, and ground beef.  You saute the onions first, then throw the beef in the skillet, and when that's done, you put it in your pork and beans/brown sugar/ketchup pot and then cook on medium until everything is nicely melded and hot.  This is not hot chili by a long shot, but it is EXCELLENT for us who do not like hot foods!  Serve with some rolls/butter and you have an excellent meal.  Leftovers are AS good as the original.

I am craving a nice pork roast.. I think that will be on the menu soon...

Rest of this week will be looking forward to pay day, and the small amount of money I may have to buy presents.  Have to get that done. 


No comments: