Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I wish I was handy....

We had a bit of weather yesterday.  Just enough that I ended up feeding in the barn yesterday, as the snow was coming down so hard, I thought it might get lost in the white stuff.  Everyone is fine.  When I got to the barn, I noticed everyone was IN the barn, even with no hay, so mothers are staying with smart lambs, who I assume are the ones to want to be in there..

Didn't bring the dogs with me, as I just couldn't fathom trying to walk them in this muck/wet.  Turns out I had a major headache and upper back/neck pain, which pretty much put me to bed very early for the day.  I still have issues today.  I have no idea what I did to myself.  But, I do hurt.

I had someone contact me wanting all of my sheep manure, but he's got a roll-off truck, and getting that sucker down there will be nigh unto impossible, without getting stuck.  He has a skid steer, so that should be very helpful... Hope he comes...

I am on the look out for a trailer to be able to move my sheep when I need.  I thought I might make one out of a Tractor Supply landscape trailer, like many friends have done, but I really don't like their sturdiness... So, have contacted a few ads. 

The trial that was scheduled for this weekend was canceled due to the weather, so that means the first one of the year will be the hardest of the year..  I know I will have to walk from the post, so I will stretch my hamstrings well....  Still, looking forward to getting things moving.

I am also really considering throwing caution to the wind and taking a loan against retirement to get some work done at the house.  I have a check list and I can't stand it much anymore...

Or, I can wait seven years until I can afford it... I don't know!  I wish I was handy...

I may have a couple friends over to work dogs this weekend, depends on weather.  I hear we may get more "weather" on Monday...


No comments: