Thursday, July 14, 2011

Slept in this morning. Needed to. So so tired. Going to make an appointment for blood work this morning. Would be happy to sleep 16 hours a day. And, my old kitty does not help that; she's such a good sleeping buddy ;)

SO nice and cool this morning, would be good to work dogs, but alas, work must be done. Mad River Valley trials are this weekend; sort of wish I had entered, but then, where would I get the $$? Am looking at bringing home more sheep in the next few months. Would like to lamb out at least 20. The Border Leicesters may or may not actually lamb, as they are older.

I moved the sheep to their original pasture yesterday. They ran up and immediately stopped and started grazing. They were extremely happy to be in new grass. It was not too tall, but definitely thick. The seed I put in was expensive, but has lots of good legumes/grasses; the clover is so wonderful. So, there they will stay for another month, so the other pasture can rest. This will work out nicely. If we can get the third pasture set, then we will be in very good shape. Sheep are all looking very good.

Tomorrow, I am taking the day off to work dogs with a friend and then we will go to John's and she will pick up some sheep she is buying off of John. Oh, before I forget, I would love to use names of friends, but since the two malcontents won't go away, and like to be nosey and create drama, well, I have to keep that sort of info to myself. Sad, but I have learned the hard way.... We will work dogs, and have breakfast and then load up the sheep.

Would love to go to her place again this weekend, but I don't really want to use the gas. Oh, and I love my new vehicle. It has great pick up and has mileage is good, and now I will have 4 wheel drive in the winter! Love the color too; metallic blue.

Danny has been very energetic lately. I don't know what's gotten into him. He's just busy at home. Maybe because I can't work him that much due to the heat... Yesterday, we worked the flock and did some pulling off of fences, covering exercises. Lucy really is much better at cover, I think because she is SUCH a header. But, Danny excels at listening and driving. They are all different....

Well, that's it for now...

No comments: